Hello

WELCOME TO MY CRAZY, WONDERFUL, LOVELY, ART FILLED WORLD! I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT!!! Love, Kelly

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Patience Brewster artist showcase project

I was recently asked to participate in a project that showcases artists and what inspires them.  Patience Brewster is a very successful artist who draws and designs the most adorable, unique characters that are turned into unique gifts and ornaments.  Im sure you have seen her work!  Here is a link to her blog and some of the beautiful creations she has made.

www.patiencebrewster.com

Now for the interview...
1. As a child, do you recall a significant moment when you felt truly affected or inspired by any particular artwork or artist? 
 I wish I had a really cool answer for this one, but no, I don't recall any significant moment.  I just know that I loved coloring as a young child, loved creating anything while I was growing up, and as I got older, I enjoyed exploring all the different mediums used in art.  I dealt with a lot of anxiety as a young person and creating in any form always brought me peace.

2. As an artist, what do you hope to convey with your work?
I just hope that the viewer feels good when they see my work.

3. What memorable responses have you had to your work?
Ive been told many times now that my work shows so much love.  That my work has a happiness in it.  

4. What is your dream project?
I think it would be a wonderful thing to paint a mural in a place that needed love.  Perhaps in an orphanage in a third world area or maybe in a place where kids are struggling or in trouble.  I think that would be my dream project 

5. What artists, of any medium, do you admire? (Famous or not!)
Oh I admire so many...one artist I admire very much is Flora Bowly.  I love how she paints such spiritual pieces.  She has a way of incorporating her entire being into her work and it is always touching and lovely and peaceful 

I admire so so many artists, of so many styles and mediums.  I think the ones I admire the most are the ones who paint from their heart and soul-it always shows :)

Thank you Patience Brewster for inviting me to participate in your project-Sincerely, Kelly Lish


1 comment:

  1. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete